Features to Consider When Shopping for an Electric Power Washer
When it comes time to clean your home or property, an electric power washer can be a great investment. Not only do they provide a more thorough clean than traditional garden hoses, but they are also much faster and easier to use. But with so many different models on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is right for you.
In this article, we will discuss some of the most important features to consider when shopping for an electric power washer. We will help you identify the right size and type of machine that would best fit your needs, as well as the factors you need to take into account when making your purchase decision.
- Size and power: One of the most important factors to consider when shopping for an electric power washer is the size and power of the machine. The water pressure, expressed in pounds per square inch (PSI), is one indicator of a machine’s cleaning power. Another factor to consider is the gallons per minute (GPM) flow rate, which will tell you how much water the machine can output in a given time period.
- Type of machine: Another important factor to consider is whether you need a gas-powered or electric-powered machine. Gas-powered machines are typically more powerful than electric models, but they also require more maintenance and are louder to operate. Electric-powered machines are more convenient to use and are typically less expensive, but they may not have the same cleaning power as a gas model.
- Pump type: One of the most important components of an electric power washer is the pump. There are two main types of pumps used in these machines: direct drive and belt drive. Direct drive pumps are simpler and more durable, but they may not be as powerful as belt drive pumps. Belt drive pumps are more expensive, but they offer more power and are less likely to break down.
- Hose length: Another factor to consider is the hose length. Most electric power washers come with a standard 25-foot hose, but you may need a longer hose if you have a large area to clean or if you plan to use the machine for commercial purposes.
- Cord length: Finally, you will need to consider the cord length. Most electric power washers come with a standard 50-foot power cord, but you may need a longer cord if you have a large area to clean or if you plan to use the machine for commercial purposes. You should also make sure that the cord is rated for outdoor use if you plan to use the machine outdoors.
These are just a few of the most important factors to consider when shopping for an electric power washer. By taking the time to understand your needs and compare different models, you can find the perfect machine for your home or business.